Witnesses to a suspected arson attack which destroyed a house in Two Mile Ash on Saturday have spoken of their shock.
A police cordon is currently in place at the scene of the blaze at The Approach, and work has begun to repair considerable damage to the property. Seven people managed to escape the blaze.
One neighbour, Mohammad Sattar, whose Clay Hill house backs on to the scene, was one of the first to call the fire service.
He said: “We saw the smoke come into our garden and wondered what it was. Within minutes there was so much black cloud around so we went out into the street and saw people on their phones calling the fire service.
Roger Hazlewood, who lives opposite the scene, also on Clay Hill, said: “I took my dog out minutes before it started. As I made my way back I saw smoke everywhere and the road had already been blocked off. I saw the emergency vehicles and thought there must have been some kind of accident.
“By the time I had got back the whole house had gone up.”
The owners of the property were unable for comment.
Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service are investigating the cause of the fire which left parts of the house unstable.
Thames Valley Police have launched an arson investigation into the blaze which damaged most of the house and some vehicles outside.
Anyone with information can call police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
> Picture one taken by Carly Hales, picture two by Simon St Clare
RELATED STORY: Seven people escape Two Mile Ash house blaze