Fire started by discarded cigarette

Bucks Fire
Bucks Fire

A FIRE started by a smouldering cigarette end in a plant pot spread to a patio door and window on Sunday.

Two crews were called to the house in Corrigan Close, Bletchley at about 7.30am and the fire was stopped before it could cause too much damage.

Firefighters are now reminding smokers that careless disposal of cigarettes is the single biggest killer in house fires across the UK.

Community safety manager Chris Bailey said: “Although our figures are low, the risk is high, and this incident shows just how easy it is for things to go wrong.”