Firefighters from Woburn on-call Community Fire Station rescued a woman from a fire in Woburn Sands early on Sunday morning after a pan was left on the hob.
Fire Control received a call about a kitchen fire at a property in Greensand View. When firefighters from Woburn and Broughotn arrived, they found there was fire in the kitchen of an apartment in a three storey block of flats.
They extinguished the fire using a fire hose and rescued a woman suffering from smoke inhalation from her smoke logged kitchen. The fire was caused accidentally by a pan left on the hob.
It was one of several kitchen fires over the weekend across the county with incidents also occuring in Leighton Buzzard, Cople and Luton.
Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service are urging people not to leave cooking unattended, to turn off the hob when finished cooking or leaving the room, not to cook after drinking and to fit a smoke alarm to alert occupants if a fire breaks out. If you have an extractor fan please clean this regularly to prevent grease and other flammable material building up which can catch fire.
If you have a smoke alarm remember to test it to ensure it is still working.
For more cooking safety advice visit: bit.ly/1L4Mzbj