Five star Swan Inn

Aftermath of a fire at the Swan Inn, Broughton Road, Milton Keynes Village.
Aftermath of a fire at the Swan Inn, Broughton Road, Milton Keynes Village.
0
Have your say

A pub in Milton Keynes Village has made dramatic changes to turn its one star health and safety rating into five in just three months.

In a recent inspection, The Swan Inn was given top marks by the council’s environmental health Officers.

Earlier this year, The Swanreceived a one star rating for failings in their management systems, but not their hygiene standards.

The 13th century pub was almost destroyed by a fire in December 2011 but worked hard to remain open while repairs and refurbishment took place.

Owner Steve Wilkins was overjoyed with the latest assessment.

He said: “I am delighted that The Swan has been awarded a five star rating from our EHO following their recent visit.

“This is testament to the hard work of the team and reflects the standards to which we normally operate.

“Following a challenging 12 months, we can now look forward to a prosperous and successful future serving our wonderful customers within a relaxing yet safe environment.”