Flat ‘severely’ damaged by blaze caused by discarded cigarette

editorial image

Emergency services attended a ‘severe’ flat fire in Conniburrow caused by ‘a discarded cigarette’.

Firefighters attended the incident at around 11.20pm on Saturday (April 1).

BLAZE: The flat fire in Conniburrow

BLAZE: The flat fire in Conniburrow

Three crews were called to the fire, they used a jet to put out the blaze and four sets of breathing equipment.

No-one was seriously injured however the flat was severely damaged.