Gas cooker blows up in family home

standard web pics to use on the Milton Keynes Citizen website www.miltonkeynes.co.uk
standard web pics to use on the Milton Keynes Citizen website www.miltonkeynes.co.uk
0
Have your say

A FAMILY of three narrowly avoided harm as their cooker exploded on Thursday.

A man, woman and their daughter were able to escape their three-storey terraced house in Moorfoot, Fullers Slade, after a cooker powered by a propane cylinder caught fire and exploded, blowing out a number of windows.

Fire crews from Great Holm, Newport Pagnell and Buckingham attended.

Incident commander Ian Wilson, said: “The combination of the closed fire door leading from the kitchen to the rest of the ground floor, and good work by the crews, prevented this from becoming a far more serious incident.

“Although the kitchen was destroyed and there was light smoke damage throughout the house, the fire was quickly brought under control before it was able to spread to the rest of the house and neighbouring properties.”