Girl and mother saved from house fire

editorial image

A GIRL and her mother were treated for smoke inhalation after an electric blanket overheated and caught fire last Wednesday.

Firefighters from Broughton and Bletchley were called to Merlin Walk, Eaglestone, just after 2.30am.

Andy Vernon, watch manager at Broughton Fire Station, said: “The girl woke up with a sore throat, not realising it was caused by smoke from the blanket.

“Her mother woke up at around the same time and could smell smoke and burning plastic, and found that the blanket was smouldering.”

A boy in the house was not affected by the smoke.