A dad was shocked when he bit into a marshmallow treat to find a one-inch piece of plastic.
Suzanne Leigh-Lancaster, whose husband Dean found the item, said it was lucky one of her three children, Ethan, two, Ayden, three and Nathan, nine didn’t bite it instead as they might not have reacted so quickly.
She said: “My husband bit into it and then pulled it out and we were all really shocked. We wiped it off and saw it was plastic.”
Suzanne called Morrisons, Westcroft and spoke to the manager. She was told to take the item back and the manager apologised, offering a refund. However, she was not satisfied.
She said: “No-one asked if anyone was OK or whether the children had swallowed it. I won’t be shopping in there again.”
A Morrisons spokesman said: “We pride ourselves on the highest standards of quality in all of the products that we sell. Clearly on this occasion we have not met those standards and we’re sorry for an distress that this had caused to Mrs Leigh-Lancaster and her family.”