Homeless man taken to hospital after a fire in his tent in Milton Keynes

editorial image
5
Have your say

A homelesss man who fell asleep whilst cooking in his tent has been taken to Stoke Madeville Hospital after suffering from burns.

Firefighters were called to the incident in Wimbledon Place, Bradwell Common around 1am this morning (November 7).

A spokesperson from Buckinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service, said: “Early indications show the man fell asleep whilst cooking in his tent.”

This incident comes on the back of the death of a homeless man in Milton Keynes last week who was found dead in his tent in the underpass near Station Square.

The Citizen has contacted leading councillors asking why a hostel to provide shelter for the homeless cannot be provided.