An inquest has officially been opened into the death of a woman who died in a house fire last week.
Julie Parrott died on Thursday (April 9) at her home in Napier Street.
Milton Keynes Coroner’s Court heard how a carer of Ms Parrott had visited her home that morning and saw smoke escaping from the property.
She was joined by a member of the public and they managed to enter the property. Despite the amount of smoke from the fire they found Ms Parrott’s body on the living room floor.
The two of them realised Ms Parrott was dead, and her clothes were smouldering from the fire.
Police are not treating the death as suspicious.
The inquest was adjourned until September 3.