‘I want to know who did this to my son’

Family make appeal to find killers plus revisit of scene at Fishermead'''Wk 24 MPMC
Family make appeal to find killers plus revisit of scene at Fishermead'''Wk 24 MPMC
0
Have your say

THE family of Mohamed Farah, one of the teenagers murdered in the Fishermead shootings on May 26, have appealed to the public to help find his killers.

His mother Fadumo, brother Hakeem, father Hashim Hassan and family friend Kaltum Norr – asked for anyone who has information to come forward so that they could lay their son to rest.

Family make appeal to find killers plus revisit of scene at Fishermead'''Wk 24 MPMC

Family make appeal to find killers plus revisit of scene at Fishermead'''Wk 24 MPMC

Speaking at an emotionall y charged police briefing on Friday, Fadumo said: “I spoke to him the day he died and I wish I knew that was the last time I would speak to him. I have tried to be strong but now I want to know who did this to my son.”

Fadumo recalled her son spoke of his future plans to move to Norway and study to become a lawyer or a maths teacher.

She said: “I spoke to him in the afternoon and when we had finished he said ‘I love you, I love you’. If I’d known what was going to happen I would have come from Birmingham to get him.”

Detective superintendent, Rob Mason, said: “As an investigation it is frustrating. We knew it would be hard but we are pleased with the progress we have made so far.

“We share the opinion of the family that someone knows something. If people are concerned about coming forward then they can do so in confidence. I despise having to put the family through this as it is very difficult but anyone who has heard the anguish of the mother today should get in touch with any information.

“People from London as well as Milton Keynes have been in touch with us.

“The people we have on bail are suspects but there are some people who are also helping us with our enquiries.”

Fadumo also spoke of the morning she was told of her son’s death. She said: “I was woken by police on the Friday morning and when I went to the door I asked who it was and they said it was the police.

“When they came in they asked me to sit down and told me my son was dead. I thought they had made a mistake. He had only been in the country four weeks.

“He was booked on a flight to Norway on May 12 but cancelled it because he wanted to travel with us altogether as a family. I want to know who did this to my son.”

Afterwards the family visited the scene of the shootings where Mohamed’s brother Hakeem, said: “This has been very difficult, and we are absolutely devastated. It’s hard knowing that the person or people who did this are still out there.

“I would ask people to put themselves in our shoes and understand what we’re going through.”

Speaking through floods of tears Fadumo added: “If anyone wants to help us they should help us find the people who killed our son.”

> An eighth man was arrested last Tuesday in connection with the murder. He has been released on bail until Monday July 4.

>The off licence closest to the scene of the Fishermea shootings has had its alcohol licence revoked following a meeting of Milton Keynes Council licensing committee. The store however will remain open for business.