Children from Wavendon Pre-School and Day Nursery went to celebrate the launch of the beach at Frosts in Woburn Sands at its grand opening on Saturday.
Grabbing their buckets and spades, they spent the morning playing in the sand, riding the Victorian carousel and enjoying an ice cream.
Frosts’ beach is back to give families all the fun of the seaside, right on their doorstep with no need to endure the long drive to the coast.
Frosts has even made the beach ‘great-British-weather-proof’ as it is fully undercover so come rain or shine; the whole family will keep dry and shaded.
There are three two hour sessions throughout the day, each of which includes; two rides on the Victorian carousel, beach games and story time with one of the lifeguards, as well as free time to build sandcastles! Refreshments are available with unlimited squash and fruit.
The lunch session also includes a lunch box for children.
· Morning Session: 9.30-11.30am - £4.99 per child
· Lunch Session: 12-2pm - £6.99 per child
· Afternoon Session: 2:30-4:30pm - £4.99 per child
The restaurant will also be serving homemade fish and chips – a must-have for a day at the seaside!
The beach is open until the end of the summer holidays and tickets are available online: www.frostsgroup.digitickets.co.uk/branches, or by calling: 0800 954 9484. Pre-booking is advised but remaining tickets will be available from the Customer Service Desk on the day.
Frosts has a fun-filled programme of activities during the summer holidays. Each week will offer something different:
· Wednesday, July 23 – ‘Paint Your Own Money Bank’
· Wednesday, July 30 – ‘Princesses & Pirates’
· Wednesday, August 6 – ‘T-riffic Decorating Fun’
· Wednesday, August 13 – ‘Bugs & Butterflies’
· Wednesday, August 20 – ‘Ice Cream Biscuit & Flip Flop Key Ring Fun’
· Wednesday, August 27 – ‘Paint Your Own Fabulous Flower Pot’
To find out more and for full details of summer events please visit www.frostsgardencentres.co.uk.