More pupils than ever will be able to attend their preferred secondary school in Milton Keynes in September - a three per cent increase on last year.
A total of 87 per cent of applicants were allocated their top choice, six percent got their second preference, while four percent were given their third choice.
This means that overall 96.3% of students were awarded one of their top three schools.
Councillor Norman Miles, Cabinet Member for Children and School Improvement said the council secured more than 170 extra secondary places across the borough in a bid to address the growing number of applications received this year.
He said: “As well as increasing the number of places available, we have focused our efforts on ensuring parents and carers made wise choices when thinking about the schools they were applying for, and made applications on time.
“It is good to see this has paid off.
“While we are pleased to have been able to offer so many children a place at their top choice of school, we understand the challenges we face in continuing to ensure the young people and parents of Milton Keynes have access to a place at a good local school.
“We’re committed to investing in school places across the city as we grow so that we can improve even more”
Ninety-one percent of applications were made online, a slight increase on last year.
Anyone who applied in this way will have received an email confirmation of their place on Monday morning.
All applicants, including those who completed a paper application, should receive a letter confirming the place offered via the post this week.
A total of 3175 applications were made by the deadline of 31 October 2104, an increase of almost 200 on last years ‘on-time’ applications. 119 late applications have been received to date. These will be processed in April.