Mirror reflection sets B&B curtains on fire

Latest Headlines

Latest Headlines

0
Have your say

THE reflection off a dressing table mirror caused a set of curtains to set on fire at a B&B in Olney on Monday.

Crews from Newport Pagnell and Broughton tackled the incident, in the second-floor bedroom of a two-storey mid-terrace house in High Street, at about 6.30pm.

The occupants, who were alerted to the fire by a smoke alarm, used a fire extinguisher while firefighters were on their way.

Chris Bailey, head of Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service’s community safety team, said: “Fires of this type are rare, as they require so many variables to fall into place, including the angle of the sun and the positioning of the mirror and the combustible items.”