Controversial plans to build on green spaces in estates like Springfield, Downs Barn, Conniburrow - as well as Station Square - will be decided by Milton Keynes Council on Wednesday night.
Opposition councillors called a halt on plans to consult on new building areas last month, with a scrutiny panel agreeing that concerns should be heard by the full council.
One of the objecting councillors, Ric Brackenbury, is expected to move a further motion on Wednesday to ask for the sites to be withdrawn and cross-party agreement secured before any further plans are released.
Mr Brackenbury said “We’ve had a huge response on this, as shown by the packed public gallery at last month’s meeting. “I’d encourage anyone concerned about these plans to come to the meeting on Wednesday evening.
“I can only hope the Labour cabinet will show some leadership, recognise that they need local co-operation for any future housing plans, and agree to work on a revised proposal which can be agreed and secure appropriate growth for Milton Keynes.”
Mr Brackenbury’s calls for the withdrawal of the sites follows a furious response to the housing plans on council land behind existing properties, currently valued as green space, containing play areas, trees and drainage.
Speaking ahead of Wednesday’s meeting, council leader Pete Marland said: “We always want to work with communities as far as development goes and Neighbourhood planning gives us an ideal opportunity to do that.
“We won’t move forward with anything without full council involvement.”
The final decision to consult will be made by Mick Legg, cabinet member for public realm, who has the right to over-rule the full council.