Police officers investigating an allegation of rape inside a city home are no longer hunting the attacker.
Last week a man was accused of forcing his way into a home in Hutton Avenue, Oldbrook and attacking a woman.
Today, Thames Valley Police announced the investigation has been discontinued.
Detective Inspector Ian Jarvis said: “Following extensive enquiries this investigation has now concluded and police are no longer investigating an allegation of rape.
“I would like to stress that no one should hesitate in coming forward if they have been a victim of crime of any sort.
“Thames Valley Police takes all reports of this nature extremely seriously and will always conduct a thorough investigation.”
Officers patrolled the area following the allegation on Thursday afternoon, while the alleged victim was supported by specially trained officers.
Gez Chiariello, LPA Commander for Milton Keynes, said: “I want to reassure the local community that we take all reports of rape seriously and always investigate the individual circumstances.
“Our role at all times is to ensure the safety of the local community. If anyone has any concerns I would ask them to speak to their local neighbour team.”