Restaurant in Bletchley closed after chip pan fire

Bucks fire and rescue
Bucks fire and rescue

A restaurant in Bletchley will be closed for several weeks after a fire swept through the building on Saturday.

The ground floor of MJ’s Diner, in Chandos Place, was destroyed by the fire which started in a chip pan just before 9.50am.

The first floor of the building was 60 per cent damaged by smoke.

Around 30 firefighters from Bletchley, Broughton, Newport Pagnell and Winslow tackled the blaze as well as the command and control unit from Aylesbury and three fire officers.

A man was rescued from the building and left in the care of South Central Ambulance service.

A statement on the restaurant’s Facebook page said: “We are sad to announce that your favorite eating spot MJ’s American Diner was severely burnt in some unforeseen circumstances due to a fire this morning but we were lucky that no one was harmed.

“We would like to thank all of our customers, workers, neighbours and friends for their love and support in this matter.

“We promise you that MJ’s diner will be up and running soon with the time permitting us to complete the makeover.

“We will keep you posted with the approximate dates of opening. Thanks once again for standing with us in these hard times.”