The annual Milton Keynes Guy Fawkes fireworks display will take place on Saturday, November 5 starting at approximately 8pm, and due to the large numbers of people who attend this event the temporary road restrictions will be as follows.
1. Avebury Boulevard will be closed to all traffic, between Bankfield and Enmore Roundabouts from 4pm to 10pm.
2. Avebury Boulevard, between Theatre Walk and Marlborough Gate, will be closed to all traffic from 6pm until 10pm.
3. Skeldon Gate between North Skeldon Roundabout and Skeldon Roundabout will be closed to all traffic between 6pm and 10pm
4. Enmore Gate between Enmore Roundabout and South Enmore roundabout will be closed to all traffic between 6pm and 10pm
5. Marlborough Gate, from its junction with North 13th Street to the Theatre car park entrance, will be closed to all traffic between 6pm and 10pm.
6. Overgate will be closed to south bound traffic only from its junction with H5 Portway at the North Overgate Roundabout to the H6 Childs Way at the South Overgate Roundabout, except for access to the disabled parking facilities at the Campbell Park Pavilion from 6pm to 10pm. Access and egress for coaches, and vehicles only serving passengers in connection with the Coachway – cars, private hire vehicles and Hackney carriages – will be via Overgate only, between 6pm and 10pm.
7. Overgate will be open to northbound traffic from its junction with H6 Childs Way at the South Overgate Roundabout.
8. Silbury Boulevard will be closed to all traffic between 6pm and 10pm between Campbell Park roundabout and Cricket Green Roundabout except access for authorised vehicles, disabled parking at the Campbell Park Pavilion, and access and egress to the Coachway via Overgate.
9. Silbury Boulevard will be closed to all traffic, between North Thirteenth Street and Skeldon Roundabout, 6pm until 10pm.
10. Midsummer Boulevard will be closed to all traffic, between Theatre Walk and Marlborough Gate, from 6pm until 10pm.
11. Avebury Boulevard, between Theatre Walk and Marlborough Gate, will be closed to all traffic from 6pm until 10pm, if required for safety reasons.
12. The link road joining Marlborough Gate between Bankfield Roundabout and the Xscape Complex will be closed to all traffic except Xscape maintenance vehicles between 6pm and 10pm.
13. No vehicles to enter Kenwood Gate from Childs Way between 6pm and 10pm. Traffic will be allowed to egress from Kenwood Gate to Childs Way.
14. A 30 mph temporary speed restriction will operate on A509/H5 Portway between the Belvedere and Pagoda Roundabouts, H6 Childs Way between the Woolstone and Springfield Roundabouts, V8 Marlborough Street Between the Belvedere and Springfield roundabouts, V10 Brickhill Street between Pagoda and Woolstone Roundabouts and H5 Portway between Belvedere and Pagoda Roundabouts between 4pm and 10pm.
15. A 20 mph temporary speed restriction shall operate for authorised vehicles using Silbury Boulevard from Campbell Park roundabout to Cricket Green roundabout, for authorised vehicles using Overgate between North Overgate roundabout and Cricket Green roundabout, and for authorised vehicles using Skeldon Gate between North Skeldon roundabout and Skeldon roundabout from 4pm to 10pm.
16.If due to unforeseen circumstances crowd safety becomes compromised or due to other circumstances, the Police may vary or extend the closures and times that have been mentioned above. The above closures will apply to all traffic except emergency services vehicles, Milton Keynes Council salt spreading lorries, and pedestrians unless otherwise stated.
17. Residents living on the north side of Campbell Park – Adelphi Street, Blairmont Street and Colgrain Street – will have access via the North Skeldon roundabout, and residents living on the south side of Campbell Park – Albion Place, Amelias Lane, Columbia Place, Dalgin Place, Henrietta Way, Leonora Walk, Enterprise Lane, Highbury Lane and Smithsons Place – will have access via South Enmore roundabout. Access to properties in Eskan Court will be via Overgate only. Access to Huntley Crescent, Mara Place, and Glenstal Place will be via South Enmore Roundabout. Eligible residents and businesses will be issued access permits by Milton Keynes Council.