A science experiment in a school laboratory triggered an evacuation of Stantonbury Campus this afternoon.
Up to 200 students were evacuated from the Upper Level building after fumes set off the fire alarm just moments before the science lesson ended for lunch.
A spokesman for Stantonbury Campus said: “It was a minor incident caused by a little too much smoke during an experiment which we wouldn’t normally anticipate.
“It set off the fire alarm, which automatically called out the fire service.
“The students were evacuated very quickly until firefighters were happy there was no fire.
“No lesson time was lost.”
Fire crews from Broughton, Great Holm and Newport Pagnell attended at around 1pm.
Firefighters ventilated the area.