Take care in the kitchen warn fire service

Flood evacuation practice at Stoke Goldington'''Wk 10   MPMC

Flood evacuation practice at Stoke Goldington'''Wk 10 MPMC

0
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS are warning people to be safer in their homes after figures showed 107 of the 158 accidental house fires in the city started in the kitchen.

More than half of all accidental house fires in England are caused by mishaps involving cookers, grills, ovens and microwaves.

Jason Thelwell, Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service’s Chief Operating Officer, said: “It only takes a moment’s distraction for a fire to start in your kitchen. We are urging people to put safety first when they are cooking.”