Tattoo shop has designs on a grand re-opening after inferno

editorial image
0
Have your say

A MAN had his business destroyed after a four way plug caught fire underneath a desk.

But already Louis Goodwin, who runs the Skingraff tattoo studio in New Bradwell, said he is looking to raise the money needed to redecorate after the fire on Sunday evening.

Rev Susan Paterson, Priest-in-Charge and Mission Partnership Development Officer, with members of St Leonard's Church in Holwell after learning they had been awarded a Lottery grant for church improvements

Rev Susan Paterson, Priest-in-Charge and Mission Partnership Development Officer, with members of St Leonard's Church in Holwell after learning they had been awarded a Lottery grant for church improvements

Louis said: “We were all sat in the flat above the studio when we saw smoke coming through the door. We hunted around looking for the source thinking it may have been the dinner that was cooking.

“Then we went downstairs, opened the door and it looked like an inferno. Everywhere was gutted and it was a horrible sight.”

The fire was started by a faulty four way plug that was left under a desk. Firefighters told Louis that it may have been sparking and spluttering for a while, dried out the wood and then caught fire.

The fire only happened on Sunday afternoon and already Louis and his team have been inundated with offers of help from a number of people.

He said: “We already have three or four tipper vans and other various things to help so in the New Year we will be getting back on our feet. I would like to say a big thank you to everyone who has been in touch – it has made me feel 100 per cent better about it all.”