Tesco employee helps dad devastated by fire in Milton Keynes

editorial image
1
Have your say

A father-of-four who lost most of his possessions in a devastating house fire wants to thank the Tesco employee who helped him pay for food and sleeping bags.

Ben, 39, saved his partner and two youngest children from a house fire in their bathroom last week.

The fire completely damaged the first floor of the house on Nevis Grove, Bletchley and the ground floor was damaged by smoke and water used by fire crews to put out the initial fire.

Ben explains: “After the fire I went to the Tesco in Bletchley to pick up a few things, things we would need straight away.

“We have four boys so needed food and blankets for the night because we were being put in temporary accommodation by the council.

“It was quite late and one of the Tesco employees started chatting to me, I explained what had happened and he just offered to help me pay.

“It was an amazing thing for him to do, he didn’t have to put his hands in his pockets for us but I’m so grateful that he did.

“He was called Dan Speers, that’s all I know, I was in such a rush, but it was really so kind of him to help us, he didn’t have to.”

Store manager at Tesco Bletchley, Ravi Aloysius, said: “My colleagues at the store work hard to serve customers a little better every day and Dan is no exception.

“He’s a real credit to Tesco .

“We send our best wishes to the family and hope this gesture makes Christmas a little easier for them.”

To donate to the family, visit their Go Fund Me page at: www.gofundme.com/Afterfirefuturefund