The Swan rises from the ashes

The Swan Inn, Milton Keynes Village
The Swan Inn, Milton Keynes Village
0
Have your say

LAST year, as fire tore through a 700-year-old pub, it was hard to believe that it would ever be restored to its former glory.

But last weekend, The Swan Inn in Milton Keynes Village held their official re-opening party as the final refurbishment touches were completed.

Staff at the 13th Century pub bravely honoured many of last years Christmas bookings as they salvaged what they could from the devastating fire and this year, Christmas bookings are flooding in once more.

It has been business as usual for The Swan though, with repairs and refurbishment being carried out while still remaining open for the large part.

Tyrone Bentham, Licensee at The Swan said: “We are thrilled that after nearly a year, we will be re-opening The Swan Inn and welcoming back all our existing and I’m sure, new customers. It has been a fantastic team effort over the last 12 months to continue to trade and provide the sort of drinking and dining experience The Swan has become famous for. I would particularly like to thank all of my crew and our faithful customers who have continually supported us. We look forward to a fantastic Christmas and prosperous 2013.”

Peter Wells, Managing Director of Charles Wells Pub Company who own The Swan commented: “The fire at The Swan almost destroyed the pub and came as a devastating blow last Christmas. However it was really inspiring to see how everyone came together to get the pub at least partially open for Christmas Eve and how hard Tyrone and the team have worked since to minimise disruption to customers during the pub’s restoration.

“We were really pleased to be able to help during this extensive renovation work which has restored the pub to a picturesque inn with a modern feel and I’m sure that everyone will be really impressed with the end product.”

More information about The Swan, its menu and the events coming up can be found on their website www.theswan-mkvillage.co.uk

Footage ofThe Swan Inn fire from last year.