Three people rescued from house fire

editorial image
0
Have your say

Two boys and a woman were taken to hospital after being rescued from a house fire in Weston Underwood this morning.

Firefighters from Olney, Newport Pagnell and Broughton attended the fire in an end-of-terrace house in Pevers Lane shortly after 3am.

The three people could not escape through the smoke downstairs so firefighters used a ladder to help them down from a first-floor window.

They were taking to hospital as a precaution for the effects of breathing in smoke, while seven people in adjacent homes were evacuated.

Station Manager Nick Honor, who also attended the incident, said: “We believe it started when a spark or radiated heat from a fire in the fireplace set fire to a sofa.

“Although there were two smoke alarms in the house, neither was working because they did not have batteries in them.”