Two homes damaged by fire after barbecue left unattended

editorial image

Two homes were damaged by fire and smoke after a barbecue was left unattended in Bletchley on Saturday evening.

Two fire crews from Bletchley and one from Great Holm were called to the scene in Harkness Close at around 6.30pm to reports that a fire was spreading from the unattended barbecue to a conservatory and shed, as well as a neighbouring house.

Buckinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service said it received more than 20 calls relating to the incident.

Firefighters used one jet, two hose reels, four sets of breathing apparatus, a thermal imaging camera and ladders, and carried out a safety check.

The conservatory, shed and lean-to were 100 per cent damaged by fire, while the guttering and fascia of an end-of-terrace house were 50 per cent damaged by fire, and the house was 20 per cent damaged by smoke.

The guttering and fascia of the house next door were 50 per cent damaged by fire and the house was 20 per cent damaged by smoke.