Unattended candle fire destroys house

editorial image
0
Have your say

A STONY STRATFORD house has been destroyed after a fire started by an unattended candle.

Two crews from Great Holm and one from Bletchley were called to the scene in York Road in Stony Stratford shortly before 10am last Friday.

Neighbours called the emergency services and reported ceiling high flames in a back bedroom of the house. York Road and Mill Lane were completely blocked to the public for around 45 minutes.

The first floor was 50 per cent damaged by fire and 50 per cent damaged by smoke. The loft suffered 100 per cent damage by smoke with the ground floor suffering 50 per cent water damage.

Pictures by John Foggitt