Dons don’t have to sell

Dele Alli missed a penalty against Drogheda on Tuesday night. Pic: Lee Scriven

Dele Alli missed a penalty against Drogheda on Tuesday night. Pic: Lee Scriven

0
Have your say

Karl Robinson has quashed fears that Dele Alli and Brendan Galloway are certain to be sold during the transfer window.

Both teenagers have been linked with moves away from stadium:mk this summer, with Galloway’s advisors revealing last Friday that he wanted a move away.

Dons boss Robinson said he felt ‘let down’ and ‘disappointed’ by Galloway’s announcement, but insisted Alli is looking forward to playing an even bigger role this season.

“We don’t have to sell them,” Robinson said, speaking from the club’s pre-season tour in Ireland.

“It’s not inevitable.

“Dele and his advisors and his family have told us he’s happy to stay at the club, and he loves it here. He’s very grounded.

“I can’t wait to see him alongside Darren Potter in the centre of the midfield.

“He has started pre-season in even better form than he did last year, and that’s a scary thought.

“I haven’t heard anything from Brendan, only from his advisors.

“I’m really disappointed, and I feel let down by the way it has been handled.”

But if a move for Galloway doesn’t come to fruition before the transfer window closes, Robinson says he’d welcome the 18-year-old back to the club with open arms.

He said: “I gave Brendan his debut when he was 15, I was there when he scored his first goal, and I left the game to put my arm around him when he got sent off against Rotherham. Of course I’d welcome him back. I have nothing against him. I just feel he has been given some bad advice.”