THERE has been no formal approach from Nottingham Forest for MK Dons boss Karl Robinson, though he remains among the candidates to take the job at the City Ground.
The 31-year-old has spent much of this week as the bookmakers’ favourite to take over at the Championship club following the resignation of former England manager Steve McClaren on Sunday after another defeat at the weekend left Forest hovering a point above the relegation zone.
Robinson has been playing down the rumours that he is switching Milton Keynes for Nottingham, and has instead been reiterating his intent to stay and finish the job he has started at stadium:mk.
“I have not heard anything officially from Nottingham Forest,” Robinson said.
“It’s nice to be linked with other jobs, but I’ve got a job to finish at MK Dons.
“When I took the job I set out to win promotion and that is what I intend to do. I made promises to the chairman and players, and I want to keep them.”
A spokesman from Dons also confirmed that there had been no official approach for Robinson to hold talks with Forest, and that he publicly admitted he wanted to stay with the League 1 club.
A Dons statement said: “We have received no approach from Nottingham Forest.
“Whilst we recognise that we have one of the hottest managerial properties in the game, we are delighted with Karl’s statement and with his commitment to MK Dons.”