KARL Robinson is remaining coy over talk of a contract extension at Dons, despite the fact that his 12 month deal is set to expire at the end of the season, writes Toby Lock.
Robinson did his case for a new contract the world of good by masterminding Dons’ win over League One leaders Brighton on Saturday, but the 30-year-old insists all his concentration remains on getting the club out of the third tier.
Speaking about the possibility of signing an extension to his year’s rolling contract, Robinson said: “That is something for the chairman to answer. At this point in time, no, but I don’t want to talk about next year yet. We are just focused on this season and getting into the Championship.”
But it’s hard to argue against Robinson’s credentials so far this season, in particular since the turn of the year as Dons have lost just three times in 14 outings in 2011, while overturning their early poor away form.
And while Robinson won’t comment on his future, he believes his side are making all the right noises when it comes to the play-offs - something that chairman Pete Winkelman insisted was a must after giving him the job back in May last year.
“We’ve been brilliant since the turn of the year,” said the Football League’s youngest boss. “We’ve had those two blips, but when he have clicked, we look a great side.
“Everyone knows how good we are. That’s not arrogance, but I believe that these lads here are paid to play and entertain. I don’t think there are many fans at the moment who have many complaints about the way we play, even when we lose. And we’ve done that without spending any money.”