Six new sites for more than 20 new sports pitches are planned for between now and 2026.
Milton Keynes Council has unveiled its Playing Pitch Strategy, which is designed to both cater for the growing population and to increase the proportion of adults and children taking part in sports.
The plans is for:
• Brooklands - Two senior and two junior football pitches, plus one cricket pitch;
• Western Expansion Area 10 - Two senior and four junior pitches;
• Western Expansion Area 11 - Two senior and four junior football pitches, one cricket pitch;
• Tattenhoe Park - one senior and two junior football pitches, one cricket pitch.
• Stony Stratford Cricket Club - double pitch site.
Councillor Mick Legg said: “The draft strategy has been put together with input from local clubs and groups, as well as national bodies such as the RFU and FA, who have let us know about their priorities.
“The consultation period that we are about to enter into will allow those stakeholders, and other residents to further give their views.”