Middletons Steakhouse and Grill in Milton Keynes will re-open next week
and live on Freeview channel 276
The restaurant is ensuring the customers safety is paramount and is taking a number of steps to create a safe dining experience.
On top of the UK government guidelines upon the reopening of restaurants in England, Middletons are briefing all members of staff to ensure extra precaution are undertaken to protect their staff and diners.
This will include:
- At least one metre social distancing between tables and between guests waiting to be seated
- An influx of sanitiser stations dotted around the restaurant
- Masks and gloves will be available for all staff as per government advice
- Toilets to be checked and cleaned every hour
- Disposable paper menus
- All tables and chairs will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitised after use
- All staff will be temperature checked before each shift before being allowed to work
- Guests will be encouraged to order in advance using the Easy Pre Order system and customers will have to either use the Middletons app or use a card to pay in the restaurant, as only cashless payments will be accepted to minimise contact.
Stephen Hutton, Managing Director of Middletons Steakhouse & Grill, said: “Milton Keynes has a thriving restaurant scene and we’re delighted to announce that we will be reopening the restaurant.
"We have a duty of care to all our staff and diners to ensure they have, not only an enjoyable experience at our restaurant, but a safe one too.
"This is why we have created extra guidelines on top of those created by the government.”
Executive chef Adam Mott, has also reiterated the importance of keeping diners safe as the UK returns to some form of normality as lockdown measures are being eased.
He said: “We already run a very clean and sterile environment in our restaurants, but coronavirus is a new virus that we have had to adapt to.
“Middletons staff have always maintained high standards of hygiene across the premises, and are now going above and beyond to heighten these standards in light of COVID-19.
“With regards to social distancing, our staff will be following the guidelines advised by the government, and by what Environmental Health have advised to ensure guests are served a safe plate of food in a safe environment.”
All meat served by the restaurant will be delivered fresh. For those who prefer not to eat meat, Middletons has an extensive seafood and vegetarian menu and there are vegan and gluten-free options too.