Milton Keynes residents warned about dangerous Chinese electric drill which can cause burns

Milton Keynes residents have been warned about a dangerous electric drill which can overheat and give the user burns
Watch more of our videos on Shots! 
and live on Freeview channel 276
Visit Shots! now

Buckinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service tweeted today (Friday, October 30) about the European Commission's report into the risks and dangers of the Vontox Electric Drill, which is made in China.

A European Commission (EC) spokesperson said in the report: "The electrical insulation is inadequate and the clearance/creepage distances between the primary and accessible secondary circuits are not sufficient. As a result, the product can overheat, causing burns to the user."

The EC spokesperson said the product does not comply with the requirements of the Low Voltage Directive and the relevant European standard.

Officials have ordered the company which makes the product to destroy the drills.