Aldi will reveal a fresh new look for its Westcroft, Milton Keynes store when it re-opens to customers tomorrow.
The store has undergone a two-week transformation to improve customers’ convenience and overall shopping experience, as part of Aldi’s £300m investment into improving its stores and service across the UK.
The format of the store reflects proven customer behaviours, and includes developments such as:
· A wider area between the tills and packing bench
· New and improved chillers and freezers including a ‘Food to Go’ section at the front of the store
· Increased space dedicated to fresh, British meat products
· Relocation of fresh bakery items to the final aisle, so products don’t get squashed under shopping
· Relocation of Beers Wines and Spirits into a dedicated fixture along the back wall, showcasing our award winning products
· A dedicated section full of award winning Health & Beauty products
The store, is one of two Aldi supermarkets in Milton Keynes, employs 24 members of the local community and the refurbishment has created an additional two jobs.
Customers visiting the store on opening day can take advantage of Aldi’s famous SpecialBuys, which occur every Thursday and Sunday. During opening week the store will celebrate its Big Pet Event, offering a wide range of pet products including: Pet Beds from £6.99, Pet Crates from £19.99, Pet hygiene products from £2.99 and an extensive selection of pet food and treats.
Aldi Westcroft store manager Liam Brooks, said: “The store is looking fantastic, and we can’t wait to welcome our loyal customers back so they can see it for themselves.
“Customer feedback is crucial to our business, and having recently been voted Britain’s favourite supermarket in the Which? 2018 Customer Satisfaction Survey, we’re delighted that the investment we’re making to improve the customer experience is being recognised.
“We know that the value and quality of our products is unbeatable, and we’re committed to making sure that the shopping experience each customer enjoys in our stores is on a par with the products and services they’re used to.
The revamped store will open at 8am on Thursday.