There are just two days to go until the most unpredictable election in a generation.
On Thursday, May 7, voters are expected to turn up in their thousands to polling stations across the city to mark a cross.
But MK citizens are not just voting for who they want as their MP. The electorate also has the chance to vote for council candidates, with one third of the seats up for grabs.
Here is everything you need to know about the council election on Thursday:
• There are 57 council seats in total - 19 seats are up for election.
• Following last year’s full council election, the current political breakdown of all 57 seats are:
- Labour: 25
- Conservative: 18
- Liberal Democrats: 12
- UKIP: 1
- Vacant: 1
• This means the current council is a minority Labour administration.
• The vacant seat in Monkston previously belonged to Liberal Democrat Subhan Shafiq. Last year he resigned as mayor of MK, and then as a councillor, after it emerged he had personally vouched for a convicted rapist to become a city cabbie.
• Following an electoral review last year, boundary changes were made so that each ward had roughly 3,000 residents.
• This meant the number of councillors rose from 51 to 57.
• There are three councillors per ward.
• The councillor who polled the lowest number of votes in the ward last year is up for re-election on Thursday - 19 in total.
• Conservatives are defending nine seats, while Labour fight to keep six, Liberal Democrats two and UKIP one.
> The wards up for election (and the councillor currently holding the seat) are:
• Bletchley East UKIP David Nash
• Bletchley Park CONS Ann Clancy
• Bletchley West LAB Moriah Priestley
• Bradwell LAB Rachel Pallett
• Broughton CONS Catriona Morris
• Campbell Park & Old Woughton CONS Peter McDonald
• Central Milton Keynes LAB Paul Williams
• Danesborough & Walton CONS Alice Bramall
• Loughton & Shenley CONS Andy Dransfield
• Monkston VACANT
• Newport Pagnell North & Hanslope CONS Lynne Patey-Smith
• Newport Pagnell South LIB DEM Derek Eastman
• Olney CONS David Hosking
• Shenley Brook End LIB DEM Stuart Burke
• Stantonbury LAB Martin Petchey
• Stony Stratford CONS Denise Brunning
• Tattenhoe CONS Geetha Morla
• Wolverton LAB Peter Marland
• Woughton & Fishermead LAB Kevin Wilson
> Prior to last year’s election, the make-up of the council was:
- Conservative 20
- Labour 16
- Liberal Democrats 15