Bombers discussed plot in centre:mk phone call

7/7 bomber Jermaine Lindsay
7/7 bomber Jermaine Lindsay

ONE of the July 7 bombers discussed the plot with ringleader Mohammed Siddique Khan in thecentre:mk – just days before the terror attack.

The inquest into the atrocity heard on Thursday how Jermaine Lindsay had taken a phone call while shopping with friends, including girlfriend Nicki Blackmore, on June 25, 2005.

Germaine Lindsay and Hasib Hussain at Luton Station on July 7.

Germaine Lindsay and Hasib Hussain at Luton Station on July 7.

Lindsay went on to kill 26 people on the Piccadilly line train.

Miss Blackmore, who was 17 at the time of the bombings, told the inquest that Lindsay had asked her to spend the night before the attacks with him at a London motel.

He had already asked her to help him get a gun, but she had refused.

According to a report in the Guardian, she said the shopping trip phone call had left him ‘very agitated’.

Hugo Keith QC, counsel for the inquests, said phone records showed Lindsay had received a call from Mohammed Siddique Khan, the bomb plot ringleader, at the time the pair were in Milton Keynes.

Just over 20 minutes earlier, at 12.33pm, Khan had received a call from Pakistan, he said.

The inquest has already heard that in the days before the bombings Khan was receiving guidance via calls from phoneboxes in Rawalpindi.

The co-ordinated suicide attacks in London on July 7, 2005 saw four men carry out rush hour bombings, three on London underground trains and a fourth on a double-decker bus in Tavistock Square.

In all 56 people, including the bombers, were killed and around 700 injured.

The explosions were caused by homemade, organic peroxide-based devices packed into rucksacks.

Lindsay, from Aylesbury, detonated his bomb between King’s Cross St Pancras and Russell Square tube stations after the plotters had set off to from nearby Luton.

The inquest, taking place at the Royal Courts of Justice in London, started in October last year.

The inquest continues.