Employee receives electric shock at new Center Parcs outside Milton Keynes

editorial image

A member of staff at the new Center Parcs Woburn Forest resort received an electric shock while working at the site.

The incident occurred earlier this month at the new holiday venue on the outskirts of Milton Keynes. The employee was carrying out maintenance work at one of the waste water pumping stations.

It is believed that the worker had waded through some water which had become electrified. Center Parcs was unable to confirm this.

A company spokesman said: “I can confirm that there was an incident at one of our waste water pumping stations, where a member of staff received an electric shock while repairing a technical fault.

“A full internal investigation has taken place and measures have been put in place to ensure that this issue will not occur again. The member of staff made a full recovery and returned to work after two days.”

Center Parcs Woburn Forest opened last month and is the final resort to be built by the firm in this country. It features 625 lodges, a 75-bedroom hotel, and Center Parcs’ largest ‘Subtropical Swimming Paradise’ in the UK.