Cat rescued from Milton Keynes blaze

A cat was rescued from a house and given oxygen after a fire broke out in a kitchen at a home in Newport Pagnell.

Tuesday, 11th October 2016, 10:11 am
Updated Tuesday, 25th October 2016, 2:33 pm

The fire, in Cedars Way, was reported at around 7pm yesterday (October 10) evening.

One appliance and crew from Newport Pagnell and one from Broughton attended the incident.

Firefighters isolated the electricity and used one hose reel to put out the fire.

The property was ventilated and a fire risk check was carried out.

Oxygen was given to the pet cat which had breathed in smoke during the fire by watch commander Andy Vernon.

New breathing equipment designed specifically for pets is now avaliable for use by local fire services.