A city pub, ravaged by a fire in December, will host a fundraiser to raise money for the firefighters who saved the building.
Staff at The Swan Inn, Milton Keynes Village, which was ravaged by a fire in December, have organised a charity fundraiser to pay thanks to the fire-fighters for their quick response and hard work, at containing the fire on the 13th Century thatched property before Christmas.
While most of the thatched roof was destroyed by the fire, the Charles Wells pub was able to open again less than three weeks later.
“The fire at the Swan Inn started in less than four minutes and quickly took hold of the whole building. The first fire engine was not far behind and immediately tackled the flames. I will be eternally grateful to the Fire-fighters and the locals - this charity event is just a little way of saying thanks!” says Tyrone Bentham, Pub Manager.
The ticketed charity event on the 27th February, will feature a “Fire inspired menu” costing £25, with £5 from every meal donated to the Fire Fighters Charity. There will also be a raffle and charity auction. Chef Ben Hars says “It has been fun developing the menu, I hope people will be able to see the fire references throughout. I’ve renamed starters “The Spark, mains “The Fire” and Desserts “The Smoulder” so expect char-grilled sausages, fiery spices, and blackened steak, if you come for the fundraiser”.
Tickets for the evening are available in advance. To book a table or to offer a donation to The Fire Fighters Charity either ring The Swan Inn on 01908 665 240 or email the pub directly
The Fire Fighters Charity is the UK’s leading provider of services that enhance quality of life for serving and retired fire service personnel and their families.