Disabled woman slips of wet floor in McDonalds
A mum has demanded safety improvements at McDonald's after her disabled daughter slipped over twice on wet floors.
On both occasions Sammie Holland, pictured, has fallen in the disabled loo at McDonald’s in the centre:mk.
During the latest incident, on Saturday afternoon, the 31-year-old cracked her head on a towel dispenser and suffered serious seizures as a result, says her mum Diane.
Sammie, who has cerebral palsy, epilepsy and a brain disorder, needed to be taken to hospital and it took hours to get the seizures under control.
Diane said: “There didn’t seem to be any signs in the toilet warning that the floor was very wet. And after the fall, the staff at McDonald’s did not seem very concerned about Sammie.”
She said Sammie, who is a big McDonald’s fan, had slipped over in the same toilet three months ago – again due to a wet floor.
“I just want to warn other disabled people to be careful,” she said.
A spokesman for McDonald’s denied staff were unconcerned. She said: “We hope Sammie is making a full recovery after her fall. The restaurant team have been saddened to hear of Mrs Holland’s concerns. Sammie and her family are well known to the store. As soon as they were alerted to the fall, the restaurant team worked quickly to offer support and first aid. Wet floor signs were clearly visible and the toilets are checked every 15 minutes.”