Drug dealers jailed for murder in Milton Keynes

Two Class A drug dealer were today (Monday) jailed for life for the murder of a teenager who was shot when a gun was fired through an open window at a house in Milton Keynes.

Monday, 27th March 2017, 3:42 pm
Updated Tuesday, 9th May 2017, 7:06 pm
Suhaib Mohammed
Suhaib Mohammed

19-year-old Suhaib Mohammed was hit in the chest in the living room of a house in Osprey Close, Eaglestone in the early hours of the morning.

At Luton Crown Court, a jury of seven men and five women found drug dealer Mohamed Noor, 33, who admitted firing the gun, guilty to murder.

His co-defendant, Albert Prempeh, 35, who was accused of leading Noor to the address in the early hours of September 13 last year and acting as look out, was also found guilty of murder.

The two had gone to the address to exact revenge on a man known as Hypes who had robbed Noor earlier and who was believed to have been involved in a £4,000 bookmaker robbery the previous day.

The Recorder of Luton, Judge Richard Foster, passed life sentences. He said Noor of Radworthy, Milton Keynes, and Prempeh, of Langland Road, Milton Keynes, must serve a minimum of 30 years before they are even considered for parole.

Judge Foster told them: “You were both Class A drug dealers who thought you could operate your depraved business outside the reach of the law with your owns hierarchies of respect and codes of enforcement.

“You went out in the early hours of 13 September 2016 with that loaded gun and fuelled by drink and drugs.”

Prosecutor Justin Rouse QC earlier said that Noor had reached through the window with the gun and pulled the trigger two or three times, but the gun did not discharge.

“He continued pulling the trigger and the gun fired. Suhaib Mohammed was hit in the chest and died from that injury.

“An ambulance was called and, despite frantic efforts, he was pronounced dead at 7.03 at MK hospital.”

He said Albert Prempeh had gone with Mo Noor to encourage and assist him and act as look out as he “went ahead with his murderous plan.”

He said Suhaib was of Somalian heritage and his family live in Newport Pagnell.

Somali-born Noor had admitted manslaughter but told the jury the gun had gone off accidentally. “It was an innocent kid that died. I had never met him and he had never done anything to me,” he said.

In February and then in July last year Noor had been robbed, losing in total £2,000. One of the men involved was Hypes.

He claimed that on September 12 last year his co-defendant Ghanian-born Albert Prempeh told him that Hypes was at Osprey Close and that he had been involved in a £4,000 robbery at Coral’s bookmaker’s in Netherfield that day.

Noor denied putting the gun against his co-defendant to force him to go with him, saying he agreed to take him to the address. “My intention was to rob the £4,000,” he said.

Prempeh, who is of Ghanian heritage, said he had been forced at gunpoint to go to the scene by Noor.

The judge said: “I have read the moving statement from Suhaib’s sister. It is sad indeed that a family which moved from Somalia to escape war and violence should endure the tragedy of young Suhaib being gunned down to his death in the Borough of Milton Keynes in Buckinghamshire.”