Fire at Headonist caused by ‘combusting bleach tub’

Fire crews at the scene
Fire crews at the scene

A SECTION of The Hub salon, Headonist, caught fire today due to what the owner believes was a ‘combusting tub of bleach’.

Bucks Fire were called at 2.33pm after employees noticed that something had set alight in the salon’s staff room.

No Caption ABCDE

No Caption ABCDE

Co-owner of Headonist, Vanessa Couzens, was caught totally off guard.

“I have absolutely no idea what went on,” she said.

“We believe it has something to do with the containers of bleach but as far as I know there was no reason for them to catch fire. It seems like they just combusted for no reason.

“The other owner is in Barbados at the minute so that’s going to be an interesting phone call.”

Nobody was hurt in the incident which saw the salon and parts of Avebury Boulevard cordoned off for several hours.

Fire crews from Broughton, Great Holm, Bletchley and Newport Pagnell attended the salon in Holkham Walk.

Management for The Hub Milton Keynes declined to comment.