Firefighters tackle significant house blaze in Milton Keynes

A tumble dryer fire has caused extensive damage to a three-storey terraced house in Milton Keynes.

Tuesday, 27th March 2018, 6:05 pm
Updated Tuesday, 27th March 2018, 6:10 pm
The devastation at the property in Netherfield

The blaze happened at Beadlemead in Netherfield this lunchtime, and was attended by appliances and crews from Bletchley, Broughton and Newport Pagnell.

The British Red Cross Fire and Emergency Support Service vehicle, based at Bletchley Fire Station, was also called upon.

Firefighters used two jets, two sets of breathing apparatus and a PPV (positive pressure ventilation) fan, and managed to prevent the blaze from spreading to neighbouring homes.

Fire and Emergency Support Service are supporting those affected.