Homeless man taken to hospital after a fire in his tent in Milton Keynes

A homelesss man who fell asleep whilst cooking in his tent has been taken to Stoke Madeville Hospital after suffering from burns.

Monday, 7th November 2016, 10:16 am
Updated Wednesday, 16th November 2016, 5:01 pm

Firefighters were called to the incident in Wimbledon Place, Bradwell Common around 1am this morning (November 7).

A spokesperson from Buckinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service, said: “Early indications show the man fell asleep whilst cooking in his tent.”

This incident comes on the back of the death of a homeless man in Milton Keynes last week who was found dead in his tent in the underpass near Station Square.

The Citizen has contacted leading councillors asking why a hostel to provide shelter for the homeless cannot be provided.