Hundreds donate to help Milton Keynes family left with 'nothing' after house fire
A fundraiser has been set up to support this family following the 'devastating' fire suffered at their property yesterday (May 3).
The Milton Keynes community has come together to support the family 'devastated' by the house fire reported in Olney yesterday.
Five fire engines were sent out to extinguish the fire which started in the garage before spreading across the property causing extreme damage.
The effects of this fire mean the home on Austen Avenue isn't habitable in its current state and the family have lost a majority of their belongings.
Max Jeavons who is the brother of the family father, Marlon, set up the support page and had the following message describing the devastation caused by the fire. He said: "My brother and his young family have just lost everything they own in a house fire. They’ve been left with nothing but the clothes they were wearing and Lilah, 8, and Jax, 2, lost all their toys and things.
"We’re raising money to help them rebuild their lives. They’ve been a huge part of the Olney community (Marlon’s a local mechanic and Holly’s a hairdresser) and are hard-working, lovely people who’ve had the worst luck. Thankfully everyone is safe but after what has already been a tough year due to the pandemic, this is a devastating blow.
"It would be amazing to see everyone come together to support them at this incredibly tough time. Anything you can spare would be hugely appreciated."
At the time of writing £8,700, has been raised passing the original target marker of £5,000. The fundraising page has only been live for 15 hours.
You can access the page here.