‘Loving’ Fishmermead shooting victim Amin Ismail ‘was not involved in drugs’

Very mature: Amin Ahmed Ismail
Very mature: Amin Ahmed Ismail

FISHERMEAD shooting victim Amin Ahmed Ismail has been described as ‘a loving son and brother who has never been involved in drugs and did not drink alcohol’.

His family today (Friday) released a statement, which was read by his father outside Luton Crown Court after two men were sentenced for the murders of Mr Ismail and Mohammed Abdi Farah, 19.

Fuad Awale, 25, of no fixed abode, and Sharmake Abdulkadir, 22, of The Fleet, Springfield, were sentenced after being found guilty of two counts of murder yesterday following a 10-week trial.

The court case took 53 days and featured 50 witnesses.

During the trial the court heard that the shootings had taken place in a dispute over ‘drug turf’.

But Mr Ismail’s family said the football loving 18-year-old was ‘very mature’ and had never been involved in drugs.

The full statement read: “Amin was my only son and his death has had a devastating effect on me, his sisters and his family.

“Amin was growing up to be the man of the house and the day before this tragedy happened he said one of his ambitions was to be able provide for his family.

“He was living with his older sister in Coventry so he could study a business course and go to university. He was very mature and people thought of him as older than his actual age.

“He was a loving son and brother who has never been involved in drugs and did not drink alcohol. He liked football and supported Arsenal Football Club.

“He always had a smile on his face and was a happy person who could light up a room. He will always be in our thoughts.

“We are relieved that justice has been done. These two men carried out an evil act and are a danger to the community. We want them to remain in prison and don’t want them to be allowed to hurt any other family like they have hurt us.

“We would like to thank the jury for coming to the right decision and all the witnesses who gave evidence, as well as the Fishermead community.

“We would also like to thank the investigation team at Thames Valley Police for all their work and support they have provided to me and my family.”

A third man, Yahya Harun, 22, of Fishermead Boulevard, Milton Keynes was acquitted of the murders, which happened on the night of May 26, 2011 on Fishermead.