Men plead not guilty to Milton Keynes murder

A teenager was shot dead in what was believed to be a revenge attack or an attempt to steal £4,000 - the proceeds of a robbery at a bookmakers.

Wednesday, 8th March 2017, 1:45 pm
Updated Friday, 24th March 2017, 11:06 am

Suhaib Mohammed, 19, received a fatal chest wound when he was shot in the early hours of September 13 last year, at a house in Milton Keynes.

Luton Crown Court heard that the killing was carried out by Mohamed ‘Mo’ Noor, 33.

His co-defendant Albert Prempeh, 35, was outside the house in Osprey Close, Eaglestone acting as a look-out, the court heard yesterday.

Opening the case, prosecutor Justin Rouse QC said: “In the early hours of September 13 an intruder went into rear garden and approached an open ground floor window at 12 Osprey Close, Eaglestone, Milton Keynes.

“He was holding a revolver and reached through the window. He pulled the trigger two or three times. The gun clicked, but it did not discharge.

“He continued pulling the trigger and the gun fired. Suhaib Mohammed, who was just 19 years old, was hit in the chest and died from that injury.

“An ambulance was called and, despite frantic efforts, he was pronounced dead at MK hospital.”

Mr Rouse said Suhaib was staying at Osprey Close, although his family lived in Newport Pagnell.

He told the jury there is no dispute that Noor was the man wielding the pistol, which has never been found.

He said the defendant’s case was that he had accidentally discharged the gun to frighten the three people in the room.

He said Albert Prempeh had gone with Noor to encourage and assist him and act as look-out as he “went ahead with his murderous plan.”

The jury heard the motive for the killing may have been a revenge attack by Noor or an attempt to steal more than £4,000 that he believed was in the house in Osprey Close.

The money was the proceeds of a robbery at a Coral bookmakers in Farthing Grove, Netherfield, the previous afternoon, September 12.

CCTV showed that Albert Prempeh, of Langland, Milton Keynes, was a customer in the bookmakers at the time of the robbery.

At 4.55pm in the afternoon of the killing, Noor was taken to Milton Keynes police station by his older brother and brother-in-law.

His brother told the police Noor had shot someone.

Mr Rouse added: “He was interviewed by police, his story, and the prosecution say it is fiction, was that three weeks previously the deceased Suhaib Mohammed, together with a chubby Somalian male with dreadlocks, had attempted to rob him. He received injuries to the head and legs.

“By chance he saw two men going to Eaglestone and decided to follow them and wanted to scare them.”

Noor told the police he got drunk in a park from brandy he had bought in Tesco and remembered seeing a gun being hidden in bushes behind a community workshop in Coffee Hall.

He said he took the gun from the bushes and did not look to see if there was any ammunition inside.

He said he went to the house in Osprey Close, just wanting to scare the people inside. It had gone off and he panicked and ran, dropping the gun in the back garden.

Mr Rouse said a trained firearms police dog could find nothing of interest either in the back garden or at Coffee Hall.

Albert Prempeh was arrested on September 17 after going clubbing at Pink Punters in Bletchley.

As the police went to arrest him, he made a run for it and was Tazered.

On the night of the killing he said Noor had hit him with the barrel of the gun, so he went with him to Osprey Close because he was in fear.

Both men deny murder.