Milton Keynes house severely damaged in fire this morning
A Milton Keynes house caught fire in the early hours this morning (April 15), requiring major support from the emergency services.
A house on Kingsfold in Bradville has been left severely damaged by an out-of-control fire this morning.
The incident took place at around 4:40am today, everyone escaped from the home safely.
The fire was started by a small tea-light candle left in one of the property's bedrooms.
Six fire engines were sent out by the Bucks Fire and Rescue Service and there was a Thames Valley Police presence at the scene as well.
A spokesperson from the Bucks Fire and Rescue Service explained how they tamed the fire, saying: "Firefighters used two main jets, one hose reel, two sets of breathing apparatus, a turntable ladder and thermal imaging cameras, and isolated the gas and electricity.
"The fire caused severe damage to the first floor and roof of the mid-terrace house, and smoke and water damage to the ground floor."
Firefighters were able to stop the fire spreading to adjoining properties.
Also reported this morning was a fire on Colts Holm Road in Old Wolverton. Smoke was coming out of 200 tonnes of rubbish, two crews of firefighters were able to use a hose reel to snuff out the flames.
Yesterday evening, firefighters were required to free a child trapped in a trolley seat outside a store on Tattenhoe Lane in Bletchley. Taking place at around 6:20pm firefighters used bolt cutters to free the girl.