Milton Keynes residents warned about dangerous plug adaptor which could cause burns, fires and electric shocks

Watch more of our videos on Shots! 
and live on Freeview channel 276
Visit Shots! now
Milton Keynes residents have been warned about a dangerous product which could cause burns, electric shocks and fires

Buckinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service tweeted the European Commission's (EC) safety report into the Waterproof WiFi Remote Control Conversion Plug, which does not comply with the correct safety standards.

The EC's report says: "The product is not fitted with shutters, giving access to live parts. Water could enter. A user or a child could insert an object into live parts and receive an electric shock. The current rating is incorrect. The product could overheat and ignite causing a fire. A person could suffer burns."

The EC has recalled the Chinese product, which is mostly sold on Amazon, both from the online marketplace and the end user.