Milton Keynes residents warned about dangerous product which melts and electrocutes users

Watch more of our videos on Shots! 
and live on Freeview channel 276
Visit Shots! now
Milton Keynes residents are being urged to get rid of a power supply unit after its wires have been found to melt and also give users an electric shock

Buckinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service tweeted today (Monday) about the European Commission's (EC) safety report into the DC Power Supply Unit, which demands that the Chinese product be taken off the online marketplace immediately.

The EC's report reads: "The earth connection is inadequate. The earth wire and the insulation melt when electrical current is applied. A user may touch live parts and receive an electric shock."

To view the report, visit https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/consumers_safety/safety_products/rapex/alerts/?event=viewProduct&reference=A12/01508/20&lng=en

Comment Guidelines

National World encourages reader discussion on our stories. User feedback, insights and back-and-forth exchanges add a rich layer of context to reporting. Please review our Community Guidelines before commenting.