Murder hunt after youths killed in double shooting

editorial image

POLICE are hunting a gunman after two teenagers were shot dead in Fishermead last Thursday.

Mohamed Abdi Farah, 19, and Amin Ahmed Ismail, 18, both died after receiving gunshots to the head.

No Caption ABCDE

No Caption ABCDE

The incident happened in an alleyway in Fishermead Boulevard shortly after 10pm on Thursday. Farah died at the scene while Ismail was taken to Milton Keynes Hospital but died from his injuries on Friday afternoon.

Bullets and blood stains littered the scene which was scoured by Scenes of Crime Investigation Officers.

Police arrested three men in the Bletchley area on Friday night, aged 33, 21 and 13 - all of whom were later released on bail.

The Somalian community, including friends and family of the victims, turned out in force to show their love and support for Farah and to pay their respects to a man who was known to many as bubbly and friendly.

Family member, Sharmaarke Mohamed, said: “I was called by his mum at about 4am this morning and it came as a complete shock to us all. This is such a shame and shouldn’t be happening to anyone, let alone our family.”

Dozens of people congregated in small groups, in stunned silence, or talking in hushed whispers. One woman, who turned up in a taxi, took one look at the scene and burst into tears.

Another man, standing with the group, said: “You can see how many people have turned out here today. This is the Somalian community paying their respects. When something like this happens it’s like it has happened to family.”

One friend said: “He was a lovely guy, a really nice lad. 19 is no age to die. I can’t believe this has happened.”

Det Supt Rob Mason, who is leading the manhunt, said police have been able to track the victims’ movements in the lead up to the shootings.

He said: “The investigation is moving at a fast pace and we are following a number of leads. We have a large team of officers dedicated to this investigation and they are busy conducting house to house enquiries, speaking to witnesses and viewing hours of CCTV footage.

“I am convinced that we will find whoever was responsible for the deaths of these two young men.

“We now know that our victims visited the Xscape and left there via the Virgin exit at approximately 9.41pm. They then walked back to the estate and were last sighted in the vicinity of X-Trim barbers shop in Gurnards Avenue at about 9.50pm.

“We would be keen to hear from anyone who saw our victims in the last few hours leading up to their deaths and particularly as they walked back from the Xscape building.

“The response from the public and the local Fishermead community has been excellent and I would like to thank anyone who has contacted us with information. This crime has left many people shocked and saddened and we will do all we can to catch the person or people responsible.”

>> Anyone with any information should contact Thames Valley Police on 0845 8 505 505. Or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.